[Noisebridge-discuss] Help/Advice for a circuit board design.

Daniel Pitts Daniel at coloraura.com
Thu Jan 23 19:05:56 UTC 2014

I have a design for a project, and I was hoping to get some face-to-face
feedback on the design.  I was thinking Noisebridge might be a good
place to do that.

It seems that Circuit Hacking Monday's would be a good time to do that,
but I would like to see if someone with experience/expertise would be
willing to meet up with me at that time specifically to look over it.

Board (PDF):
http://virtualinfinity.net/electronics/LED%20Display%202%20-%20board.pdf
Schematic (PDF):
http://virtualinfinity.net/electronics/LED%20Display%202%20-%20schematic.pdf
Board (EAGLE): http://virtualinfinity.net/electronics/LED%20Display%202.brd
Schematic (EAGLE):
http://virtualinfinity.net/electronics/LED%20Display%202.sch

The goal of the project is to build a programmable 8x8, 12bit color LED
display, and to do it "cheaply", while still maintaining some level of
quality. I had a prototype working, though it didn't support the full
amount of current required. It worked when powered from a battery, but
burned out a chip when I used a real power supply (the 74HCT238).  I
added a high-side driver to fix that issue.

Anyway, if someone would be interested in talking with me about this,
then I'll try to show up on a Monday night.

Thanks,
Daniel.