[Noisebridge-discuss] OpenOffice Presentation Help Needed!

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 22:29:47 UTC 2014

There a couple factors here, but it is all quite straightforward.  I'm
assuming that your notes are in a separate application, say in a text
editor, rather than your Powerpoint.  I also assume you are on a Mac
laptop[1].  The directions might vary slightly depending on your version of
osx.  What you want to do after physically connecting to the projector is
create an "extended desktop."  This is set by tweaking the visual settings
on your laptop.  As detailed in the linked guide, an extended desktop will
just treat the projector is another part of your existing visual display.
You'll simply have to move your mouse pointer back and forth between each
screen in real-time, but no one will see what is on your actual laptop
screen, e.g. cat videos.

I hope this helps.

[1]http://support.apple.com/kb/PH6761