[Noisebridge-discuss] Open House was pretty cool

Madelynn Martiniere mmartiniere at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 05:57:24 UTC 2014

You've got my help. I was hoping to be there tonight but couldn't get there
in time. So glad to hear it went well!

Madelynn

On 27 Jan 2014, at 09:47 pm, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:

The first Open House was pretty cool, informal event. A bunch of people
showed up, some who had been meaning to make it out to Noisebridge before.

It also helped me get a fresh perspective on the space. I think some
improvements we could make to for new people are:

* Poster at the front entrance explaining the member access policy.
* Poster explaining how to become a member.
* A street sign type pole (like on MASH: http://i.imgur.com/LqKQMDc.jpg )
pointing out the different areas.
* More self documentation for the different machines (3d printer, laser
cutter, cnc, power tools, sewing machines, public computers, etc.)

Does anyone want to volunteer to host the next one? I'll chip in for snacks
and bring the "Hello My Name is" stickers again.

-Al