[Noisebridge-discuss] We have lockers! They are Nice Things. :D

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 01:04:05 UTC 2014

Lockers got delivered to the space today! Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/vdnj5

There are 24 of them, half-length. 3 banks of 8 school lockers each (4 on
top, 4 on bottom). 3 feet by 12 inches, and 12 inches deep. Each is usable
with your own lock. Noisebridge isn't paying for them, I found a really
great deal on craigslist and had to act fast so it's coming out of my
pocket (if you'd like to help reimburse me for the $500, that'd be great.
Normally these are $500 or $600 per bank, even used.)

Details:

If you want a locker, email me and I'll register it on the locker
assignment wiki page: https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Locker_Assignments The
lockers are $10 a month. Make a payment to me or to one of the officers. To
avoid getting into a messy situation like the member shelves, I'd like to
take better care of them and maintain them.

* * * If you don't register a locker, you can still use them as temporary
daily shelves. Pick one of the ones marked "UNASSIGNED". However, don't
store/lock things in them overnight. You might want to write your name on
the locker so I can try to contact you instead of just cutting the lock. *
* *

Full details are on the locker protocol page. But it's basically common
sense: don't store perishable food in the lockers, don't store stuff that
might be hazardous or smelly or leak, don't use the lockers so that you can
live at Noisebridge, use them at your own risk (i.e. "safety not
guaranteed"), feel free to decorate and tape up your locker but don't
permanently mark them, and don't even "practice" lock-picking on lockers,
etc. https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Locker_Protocol But it's slightly more
secure than something just lying on the member shelf.

If you have questions, here's the locker FAQ:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Locker_FAQ

-Al