[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge residency

Gregory Dillon gregorydillon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 02:53:36 UTC 2014

Asking for trouble.
Too many people are going to be sleeping at Noisebridge claiming that they
are the resident fixer and onsite 311.

For me personally, I would like to use the space in the morning, and it
already feels too much like it is going into someone's living room while
they are still in their pajamas.

 This resident suggestion seem to have very large negatives, and for what
uncertain benefit??

Thumbs down.

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Too easily abused. They could have a 'room in an apt' that's just a couch.
> In the kitchen. For $5 a month.
>
> I suggest a different way of enticing responsibility. And no sleep rights.
>
> Adrian
> On Jan 1, 2014 9:42 PM, "Al Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To clarify, by apartment I meant they would still maintain their own
>> apartment as home. I didn't mean that they would set up an apartment at
>> Noisebridge. They would go home to change and shower and that's where
>> they'd keep their things. But they would also spend a large amount of time
>> at Noisebridge, including sleeping at Noisebridge.
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I want to put this idea out there and see what people think. I think
>>> this has been suggested before, but what if Noisebridge had a resident who
>>> essentially stayed at Noisebridge to maintain the space and handle problems
>>> at most hours. They would have their own apartment to store their
>>> things/clothing and shower, but would spend several hours a day there and
>>> could sleep at the space.
>>>
>>> As opposed to the Noisebridge 311 phone line, this person could
>>> immediately respond to issues in the space.
>>>
>>> What do people think?
>>>
>>> -Al

Let's stay in touch.  Greg