[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge residency

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 06:00:30 UTC 2014

Ok- I've a history lesson to share as food for thought:

My childhood in Chicago had many GOOD experiences with building Caretakers
that were paid-in-part by having a room or more.

I lived/worked in places that had historically used the arrangement. Many
religious/fraternal buildings also have had live- in care persons.  Folks-
the sleeping issue as Kryptonite and Shibboleth goes away "for defined
persons" If they are De Facto In AGENCY of  some relevant sort!

The people who took these roles often were -or not lodge
members/church/temple etc members or just a trustworthy sometimes even
bonded person. The balance of trades included them having a space to live
for so long as all parties agreed with a clause of immediate vacate for the
building's protection. DO note that I cannot recall a single case of these
people ever breaking faith:>

They were essentially the agency of the building ownership, deputized to do
well defined functional acts including calling police etc. The Caretaker
and their FAMILIES- also either did or delegated tasks of light operational
needs collectively called Janitor/Custodian etc.

Oren Beck

816.632.3695