[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge residency

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 05:26:14 UTC 2014

I think being a "resident" is against our lease.  It is not zoned correctly
but I do like the idea of having someone there in 4 hour chunks who is
responsible for the space and all mishaps that happen there.  It would be
even better if we had two or 3 people there so that no one can go on a
power trip.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Norman Bradley <pryankster at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Wouldn't this require permission from the landlord and changing the
> zoning to a "Live/Work" space?
>
> You are entitled to your own opinion.
> You are NOT entitled to your own facts.
>
> Norman
>
> On 1/2/2014 11:45 AM, John Ellis wrote:
>
> I think the idea of calling it "residency" is problematic.
>
>  What might work is a agreed/designated "stay behind" person who stays in
> the space overnight and may have a temporary sleeping bag etc. The
> designated person shouldn't be the same person every night. Who the
> designated person is should be discussed and some sort of agreement by
> members currently in the space. One option would be having a list of
> persons, discussed at the meeting, approved for the next 1-4 weeks.
>
>  The thing to avoid is having a situation where productive hackers drift
> towards unexcellence.
>
>  -John
>

>  On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to put this idea out there and see what people think. I think this
>> has been suggested before, but what if Noisebridge had a resident who
>> essentially stayed at Noisebridge to maintain the space and handle problems
>> at most hours. They would have their own apartment to store their
>> things/clothing and shower, but would spend several hours a day there and
>> could sleep at the space.
>>
>> As opposed to the Noisebridge 311 phone line, this person could
>> immediately respond to issues in the space.
>>
>> What do people think?
>>
>> -Al

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer