[Noisebridge-discuss] Doracacy

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:36:26 UTC 2014

On 1/8/2014 6:22:59 PM, "Hannah Grimm" <dharlette at gmail.com> wrote:
>Covering the walls in glue and throwing glitter at them would be not
>excellent.

Says who? People have done art on nb walls forever, and it makes the
space look cool. But if you mean ALL the walls, i agree.

>Buying us a set of rad lockers with your own money, however, is pretty
>excellent.

Al's enthusiasm and energy to improve NB is excellent.  Thank you, Al.

But, I believe in the long-term, people going off and spending hundreds
of dollars, and then asking to get paid back, is not a sustainable
fiscal algorythm, were we to apply it to everything. I feel the
potential drawbacks to lockers were not adequately discussed beforehand,
and undoing it might not be as easy as we think.

I suggest that consistent, transparent processes for expenditures is a
lot healthier for our bank account. But not by Consensus: purchases
should be decided by working groups (ie the woodshop group). Eg., the
community gives a $50/month budget to woodshop, and then the woodshop
group decides how to spend it. That would sure be awesome.

tools: nobody should have to ask people for donations to buy tools --
Noisebridge should provide tools from donations it receives.)

I sure hope the idea of consistent processes catches on.