[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Re: Pressure washer rental costs near nb

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 20:29:08 UTC 2014

Because you clearly do not quite understand how the US legal system works.
 First, we are in a bit of a mess since Eclair painted the sidewalk.  This
is an offense that merits a fine.  If we wash it off and for whatever
reason the runoff contained some dangerous chemical (its paint of an
unknown type, which means we have no clue what is in it but it is better to
assume it is the most toxic of paint that exists), we could be held liable
for it running into the water supply.  Depending how toxic it is.  Chances
are we would prolly be fine but if we are not, you need insurance.  The
companies that do this on a regular basis have liability insurance for this
sort of thing.  So while it may cost is 300 for us to do it our selves
(throwing out a number), it could cost way more if something bad happens.
 I honestly don't know but you should think about this since while
Noisebridge is a unique hackerspace with a Docracy and such, that doesn't
necessarily apply to the rest of the planet.  If you would like, I will be
at the meeting tonight and we can discuss the real world vs noisebridge's
world.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM, spinach williams <
spinach.williams at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2014 11:22 AM, "Adrian Chadd" <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So how much public liability insurance do you suggest the person who
> > can "wash a sidewalk" have?
> someone who can wash a sidewalk would know. what's with the scare quotes,
> anyway?

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer