[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacking disability

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:14:14 UTC 2014

Hi Romy,

We do have a list, though it isn't all that active at the moment.

Here are some older thoughts on the subject,

http://www.hackabilityblog.com/
http://www.instructables.com/tag/type-id/?sort=none&q=crutches

A good post on modifying forearm crutch cuffs:

http://nabilaagila.com/crutches/

My favorite quick modification for crutches of any kind is to add
pockets. You can make excellent cupholder, phone/book pockets, etc.
out of duct tape or try to go for something more elegant and permanent
out of other materials.

A friend of mine made some great crutch holders for her bike from PVC
pipe. If you end up with a knee scooter, you may want to make it some
crutch holders.

Cheers,

Liz