[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest check: class on computer basics

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:07:14 UTC 2014

As part of the proposed Class-A-Thon week of August 10, I've been
considering teaching an extra class on computer basics.

I was thinking I'd cover topics such as what an operating system is, what a
browser is, how to use files and folders, how to use context menus, what
different computer components do, etc. I'm also open to topic suggestions.

I've been thinking of doing a one-off class like this because my claim that
my web development class is open to "absolute beginners" is not completely
true. Also, I want to try to apply my teaching style to even more
beginner-level topics.

Asking this question via email is a bit silly given the audience, but
please tell me if this interests you or if you know of anyone who would
appreciate taking this class one evening in August.

Jeffrey