[Noisebridge-discuss] NB Reboot: 9 days left! Here's how you can help...

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:39:30 UTC 2014

Greetings Noisebridge volunteers both new and old,

NINE days remain before the Great Reboot reaches its final point of
"shutdown" on July 31st.

Hard to believe, right?

We've pared down all our Noisebridgey crap to a reasonable level (mostly
signal, not so much noise), taken down old shelving, boxed up the books,
given away ancient foodstuffs, and generally made it look like

We have come so far, but there's still a lot of work to do.

The main tasks ahead of us before soft opening:

* Painting and patching the walls.
* Refinishing the floors <-- (most of the work)
* Building the missing top parts of walls.
* Moving large quantities of stuff from one part of the space to the other.
* Cleaning in ways Noisebridge has never been cleaned (e.g. the server room)

Meanwhile, electrical work continues by the tireless electricians.

If you've been looking for a good time to volunteer, now would be a GREAT
time!  We could sure use a hand.

I'll be putting out calls for volunteers early tomorrow morning, but if you
want to just drop by, someone will be at Noisebridge, guaranteed, every day.

And whether you can lend a hand or not, we can always use $$$ for supplies,
too.  Kick in a few over at our IndieGogo campaign, now featuring more
reward levels:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/noisebridge-reboot-2014

Look for video and photo updates in the very near future.

Be Excellent to Each Other,
Naomi

--
Naomi Theora Most