[Noisebridge-discuss] DMARC bounces from NB lists

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Jul 26 01:22:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,

A few months ago we started seeing problems with Noisebridge mailing
lists due to how a few big email sites (specifically Yahoo and Hotmail)
implement an anti-spam system called DMARC.

Here's a pretty good summary of the issues:
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/DMARC

The impact is that some people are not getting all their messages, and
some people get *unsubscribed* involuntarily due to the bounces that
DMARC causes. (oops!)

We're going to implement a few of the workarounds listed on that page
this weekend, and I'll go in and clean up the subscriptions for people
who were involuntarily unsubscribed due to these bounces.

Sorry for the minor interruption in service,
-andy