[Noisebridge-discuss] Happy Reboot Day

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Jul 1 23:19:35 UTC 2014

Greetings Noisebridge.

I dropped by the space last night (the first time in over a year or two)
before the ceremony of the grand door shutting. I offered up a short
speech and gave my blessing (holy lasercutter coolant water and all) to
the space becoming reborn. There was a prayer service held afterwards by
clergy daravinne in the Church classroom.

It was thrilling to see people so ecstatic about getting the place
cleaned up and primed for a whole new season of hacking. Everyone's got
a plan or idea on making different parts of the space function better
and rock out. So great to see.

This particular thing happening is extremely great news to hear, and has
actually incited more (positive) dialog among members and non from
Noisebridge yesteryears past, than any other dramalicious mailing list
thread or Running A Hackerspace tumblr post. As much as old time
members, like Andy, Rachel, and Shannon are keeping tight lip, you can
read their excitement about the prospect of the space being more awesome
again through the glimmer in their eyes and the extra hop in their step.

If you love Noisebridge, and are possibly a little hurt by it
disappearing for a month, show your support and lend a hand. Check out
the Reboot page on the wiki to see how you can help...

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Reboot

And remember, Noisebridge now isn't the Bay's only hacker space, there
are tons! Just like Pokemon, you gotta hack in em all!

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Bay_Area_Hackerspaces

So go forth Noisebridge, hack on and throw out all the ewaste.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net