[Noisebridge-discuss] Floor Sanding Bill of Materials

girlgeek girlgeek at wt.net
Mon Jul 21 17:22:23 UTC 2014

In my home I had some never dry polyurethane  from Home Depot.  I
wouldn't recommend them based on my personal experience.  It eventually
had to be sanded off and polyurethane from a real store was applied.
Just my 2 cents.
Claudia
On 7/17/14 2:53 PM, Torrie Fischer wrote:
> On Thursday, July 17, 2014 14:38:47 Gregory Dillon wrote:
>> I like Discount Builders, and would continue prefer them for either smaller
>> purchases, or when its not worth the time to drive to Home Depo or Lowes.
>>   But for a purchase the size of 40 gallons of Polyurethane, I'd look for
>> other options.   This is one option at HomeDepo
> Neil the Electrician is here now. He suggested an alternative to Polyurethane,
> some form plastic coating. I'll figure more details about that later, heading
> out to pick up plastic sheeting now.
>
>> http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Parks-5-gal-Clear-Gloss-Polyurethane-1
>> 30512/202056452
>>
>> $97.00 / each
>> *Ship to Home*
>> FREE
>> Estimated Arrival:
>>
>> JUL 25 - JUL 29
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Torrie Fischer <tdfischer at hackerbots.net>
>>
>> wrote:
>>> Howdy, all.
>>>
>>> I know I said sanding might start today, but I've been on the job hunt and
>>> not
>>> wanting to get too burnt out too soon :)
>>>
>>> First, folks have been asking about the plan to do the space in sections.
>>> Here's what I've come up with but suggestions and feedback are welcome and
>>> desired:
>>>
>>> http://i.imgur.com/BzUZVtJ.png
>>>
>>> Noisebridge's dimensions are 117'10" by 44'5", which equates to
>>> approximately
>>> 5,250 square feet of floor space. To accomplish the sanding, here's what
>>> supplies we'll need:
>>>
>>> * 40 gallons of polyurethane (~17 gallons per coat plus buffer)
>>> * Plastic sheeting for a 45'x14' wall to seal off the space in sections
>>> for
>>> sanding. Each section in the image can use the sheet completely plus a