[Noisebridge-discuss] Parking meter at noisebride

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 23:55:48 UTC 2014

On 9 June 2014 19:51, rachel lyra hospodar <rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adrian. I don't think we've ever met in person.
>
> Does airing my opinions come with a requirement for documentation of the
> actions I have taken to back them up?

Nope. I didn't ask for documentation.

> The irony of your one-line attempt at invalidating my opinions and beliefs
> is that I have, many times, played bouncer at the 'bridge. I have tackled
> thieves, confronted madmen, placated angry people, and called out assholes.
> I have cleaned and bandaged wounds, scrubbed surfaces, picked up feces,
> confronted drunks, and helped to mediate disputes. I have done these things
> publicly, in aid to my fellow hackers, when help was needed.

I'm sorry if you thought my one liner was trying to invalidate your
opinions. The problems aren't those beliefs - they're held by a large
part of the community I've met here.

The problem is implementation, not beliefs. That's what I asked about.

> I am mostly saying that if YOU don't also do these things, if we don't ALL
> take responsibility for maintaining the culture we would like to see,
>
> We won't have one.
>
> We don't have one, and I am describing why. Here's a hint - i'm not the one
> failing to step up. I have stepped up. I step up. Where the fuck are you? If
> you are afraid, that's OK. Ask for help.

Hi!

I'm asking for help and suggestions for the implementations. I think
we both agree on roughly / overlapping sets of beliefs.

-a