[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge monthly cleanup this sunday - could we make it a cleaning dance party?

Sergiusz 'q3k' BazaƄski q3k at q3k.org
Tue Mar 11 10:05:11 UTC 2014

On 11 March 2014 09:39:39 CET, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:
>PPS, feel free to dump any electronics components on the floor into the
>
>"Unsorted Components" bin to get them off the floor. If you're feeling
>ambitous, sort them into the categorized bins, eg "Unsorted
>Capacitors",
>"Unsorted Resistors", etc.
>
>If you're very ambitious, feel free to put items into their specific
>drawers (eg "100 mF 200 watt capacitors", "250 ohm 1/4 watt resistors",
>
>etc). But the drawer-units need a complete overhaul, so it's fine to
>just use the general "unsorted" bins in the meantime.
>
>Thanks!
>

>On 3/10/2014 11:49:19 PM, "Madelynn Martiniere" <mmartiniere at gmail.com>
>
>wrote:
>
>>Yep this is indeed happening. Haven't posted anything "official" to
>the
>>list having been in Austin since last week.

I'm not from NB, however we're having the same electronics-components-turning-into-unsorted-junk issue at our local hackerspace. What we're planning on doing is reorganizing all our components using partkeepr (partkeepr.org), which was written by the nice people of RaumZeitLabor. Has there been any attempt to use this at/around NB, or does anyone from this list have any experience with using it? I'm curious if there are any obvious problems with it or if it has any well-known alternative (both software- and organization-wise)...
--
q3k [mobile]