[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge monthly cleanup this sunday - could we make it a cleaning dance party?

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:03:57 UTC 2014

(trying to keep thingz positive, plz ignore previous version of this
msg, just like it said! Read this version instead :)

THANK YOU very much Madelynn et al for your dedication and effort!

Re my past request for $10/month for electronics parts, i decided it was
reasonable for the meeting to ask that we organize what we have, before
requesting more supplies. That's why i endeavored to organize the
electronics component storage.

i finished Phase 2, putting all unsorted parts into a bin called
"Unsorted Parts". When people return components, please dump them into
the "Unsorted Parts" bin (if you don't feel like sorting them into their
respective drawers). Then at least we won't have junk all over the
floor.

Someone recently left some parts in a pile on the floor. This behavior
will make it impossible for us to fulfill NB's request to organize what
we have. I would like to respectfully suggest that it's reasonable to
expect people to clean up after themselves in a shared environment.
Would it be wise to institute some required training and/or cleanup
hours? I think when a person cleans/organizes a space, they're less
inclined to mess it up.

PS, I agree with Al, when people violate the space, they forfeit their
"ask before shooting" option. That said, i hope NB can devote more
discussion to the topic of hacking supplies.

cheers!