[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposal take 2

Gregory Dillon gregorydillon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:13:54 UTC 2014

Rubin asked

Is there a current legal (state/fed) or Noisebridge bylaw requirement
that the list requested by an individual from the secretary remain secret?

I think not.  But the structure of the State laws \ recognize that the
communication and accountability goals furthered by allowing access to
membership list are to be balanced against privacy interests of those
involved who don't want their phone numbers and home addresses given out.
   And if a member said to the secretary, I want the membership list, in
order to  publicly dox it,  I believe the secretary could validly say, no,
I am not providing the list for that purpose.

--
Let's stay in touch.  Greg