[Noisebridge-discuss] why would hackers come to noisebridge?

Elizabeth Hubbard emhubbard28 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 14:35:35 UTC 2014

I'm probably unaware of the Noisebridge harassment.  I do know of some
stuff that's happened there; the only thing I know about was a sad
misunderstanding between two apparently very nice people.  (Nice people
misunderstand each other all the time.)  As for harassment, that wouldn't
be a problem if we started an Avengers Meet-Up.

The only time I ever experienced rape culture at Noisebridge was a little
over a year ago, listening to the radio.  Some old man was talking about
some gang rape and calling it a witch hunt.  Of course he probably thinks
they should just stick the poor girl in a mental hospital forever; that's
as bad as it has gotten for me at Noisebridge.  (If you'd have seen my face
on that day; I looked as though I'd been kicked and wanted to leave
immediately.)

Otherwise, there's just Carb Guy to deal with, walking around like he knows
everybody's carb intake, and that friendly guy who was banned for being a
sex offender.