[Noisebridge-discuss] modern sexism

Elizabeth Hubbard emhubbard28 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:18:02 UTC 2014

Charles, you make brilliant points often.  Here's what good I think is
being caused by this.  I don't identify as a white person (I do as a human
and my mental avatar is Samuel L. Jackson), and therefore feel it's really
lame for folks to tell others how to think and what groups they can and
can't join and that I'm an asshole for wanting to join demographically
uniform groups just because I don't fit neatly into one group or another.
 You wrote the word "trans-racial" I think, and I was like, "That's the
word for it!"  I'm not physically changing my appearance, but my brain just
doesn't feel like a white female's brain.  Some part of it is male, and
African American (all of us have African ancestors).  Doesn't help that I'm
often excluded by a variety of people from my parents' ethnic groups.  It's
not a matter of disrespect; if you followed me around for a year, you'd
understand.

Also, does this mean there's an impasse on all the crazy drama that has
been permeating the mailing list since before I ever set foot in NB?