[Noisebridge-discuss] Don't make me turn this hackerspace around

Elizabeth Hubbard emhubbard28 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:15:04 UTC 2014

I came home today, and Link was  visibly upset, I asked if you all were
cyber-bullying him, and he said yes.  We see it happen all the time,
usually to Johnny Radio.  And there was that one guy at Noisebridge who was
cyber-bullied until he almost killed himself.  Each of you go and take a
long look in the mirror and ask yourselves if cyber-bullying someone
awesomer than you is really worth the trouble you cause.  If telling people
their life stories don't matter because you don't like real life problems
is worth it?  If causing people who were abused to feel less about
themselves is really a worthwhile ordeal?  If causing a non-confrontational
person to feel compelled to take up for people, because they know what it's
like to be bullied, is how we should spend our energy?  SMH.

And, Andy, stop harassing Link.  Contacting him in private to tell him you
can contact anyone you want, because you are the list moderator, after he's
asked you to leave him alone and he considers it harassment, is harassment.
 Please review the anti-harassment policy.

Tom, you banned Link within three minutes of posting, and only banned
anyone else after I pointed out your hypocrisy like half an hour later.
 One of the was a moderator who could simply unmoderate himself at any
time. Too little too late, now, you've shown your true colors.