[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: [Noisebridge-announce] Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Wed Mar 26 11:59:48 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 09:09:52 Cat Herder wrote:
> FYI
>
> ---
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-announce/2014-March/001072
> .html
>
> Madelynn Martiniere mmartiniere at gmail.com
>
> Wed Mar 26 00:19:10 UTC 2014
>
> Hello Noisebridge,
>
> As many of you may know, as of March 4th, 2014 a new board of directors
> was elected to Noisebridge. On March 12th, we had our first meeting, and
> the minutes are available on the wiki:
> _https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Board/Meeting_minutes_2014-03-12_
>
> As of this afternoon, the board has agreed upon several changes to the
> membership
> (https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/blob/master/membership.md)
> and consensus
> (https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/blob/master/consensus.md)
> process.
>
> These changes are now available under
> _https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/_ and are effective
> immediately.
>
> The first Membership Meeting is next Tuesday, April 1st at 7pm (next
> week). As it currently stands, all Council Members in good standing are
> now automatically considered consensus-eligible members for proposals
> brought to next week's meeting.
>
> If you were formally a member (formally formally known as Associate
> member), you are eligible to become a Member at April 1st's meeting.
> Your sponsors carry over, and your wiki page serves as your application.
> Membership dues will not begin until April, and more information
> regarding that process will be posted later.

I assume this "more information" includes an explanation of what happens to
associate members if they don't come to that meeting? Does this change the
access policy in any way?

https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/blob/master/rules/access.md

I'm not really sure what problem this is trying to solve. The new consensus
document looks like you could just replace all occurrences of "consensus" with
"majority voting".

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was hoping to visit again in May.