[Noisebridge-discuss] [Drama] Fwd: [Noisebridge-announce] Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:36:58 UTC 2014

Let me rephrase, then:

The entire time I have been associated with Noisebridge, it has been a
place where people do drugs, as well as exchange them. Hell, our membership
process had a freebie for the house built in. Do we still make new kids buy
beer? Do we let new kids come and play anymore?

The change in the attitude within our micro-culture towards drug use has
been in relation to our own internal demographic shifts as well as outer
socioeconomic pressures shifting what is happening in the neighborhood at
large - now there is more meth in the neighborhood & city, because there
are more people left as burned out husks in the wake of radical economic
shifts, who see so little hope they have no reason not to do meth.