[Noisebridge-discuss] Trimmed off the board list

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 19:04:35 UTC 2014

I'd say the voting process was a bit more obscure than it should have been.

The reason -- the very bullshit reason, I will readily admit, but here
it goes -- that I didn't end up voting was because:

* I was at a meeting where votes were being taken, and got to talking
about something or other, and then the person taking votes was
suddenly not there.

* I thought, "Oh, I still have a week."

* I didn't see anything on the list about voting, for a week (you can
check the archives, there wasn't anything posted about voting that
week).  I didn't know whom to contact (this is bullshit, I admit it),
so I just waited and intended to go to the NB meeting.

* Something came up (literally, I was sick) and I couldn't go to the
NB meeting.  :p

My lackadaisical attitude towards voting came mostly from the
historical nature of the board being a symbolic group with no real
responsibilities or power.  I do not think I am alone in that.

IN THE FUTURE, board elections will need to be more in-your-face,
involving posters and website blink-tags reminding people not just TO
vote but instructing on HOW to vote.

And I hope no one is going to argue that "it was on the wiki", because
that is one of the most weedy, un-navigable pieces of information
architecture I have ever seen.

--Naomi