[Noisebridge-discuss] [Drama] Fwd: [Noisebridge-announce] Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes

William Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 19:12:48 UTC 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 12:01 PM, rachel lyra hospodar <rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did I say jesse smoked pot?

You didn’t — I did.
> I wonder what other conclusions you have leapt to, and what biases might have fueled your leaps.

What, that I smelled pot on Jesse and that Jesse told me he smoked pot?  Pretty hair brained leap, I admit.

> When liz brought jesse's sexual assault case to noisebridge's attention there was a collective sense that we'd been hearing many different people say Jesse was a creepy asshole for a long time, and here we were needing to take the cops' word on who the asshole was... because we had ignored the voice of our own members speaking difficult truth.

Good to know you’re not into ignoring voices speaking difficult truths.  I’m sure that would suck for you.
> And no I don't think that weev is relevant.

While weev is a complete asshole and troll, he was there.  He stood up and got involved, even at the personal risk to himself (which was much greater for him than for anyone else).  That was relevant to me.

Will.