[Noisebridge-discuss] [Drama] Fwd: [Noisebridge-announce] Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Mar 26 23:01:44 UTC 2014

Find proposals with large community buy in, expedite them (I can think of
half a dozen that have been floating around NB). Be open and transparent
about your actions and process; do solicit and consider some feedback
before you implement changes. Err on the side of caution, but recalibrate
as necessary. Rebuild the organization in a way that reflects the good in
the values and culture, not as something entirely different.

Yep, this sounds about right, and my position also.

I'm still your loving treasurer, but I'm really not sure I can be a member
any longer.

I have a long email draft sitting around here which might be useful, in
which I  helpfully offer to take off the hands of the current
administration as many of the wild-eyed idealist,
anarcho-bitcoin-decentralist-know-nothing, consensus-wielders, Plan 9
users, and social-system-experimenters as I can handily carry[1], and take
them off to some other Promised Land where they'll be less of an annoyance.
People can let me know off-list if they're interested in that.

d.
[1] and who aren't creepy

d.