[Noisebridge-discuss] catching up with "what's wrong with discussing things at the Tuesday meeting"

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:51:21 UTC 2014

I think a lot of people who sit through the frustrating, lengthy, and often
vitriolic weekly meetings would agree that much more would be needed to
improve the policy process than just a "minus 1" or "minus 2" addendum. And
even for that much, I haven't seen any proposal for such a change to
consensus ever come from the folks who are pro-consensus.

But coming up with policy and process is work, and boring work to boot.
It's easy to put off when the "people just need to be excellent and
consensus will work" placebo is available.

If there are some practical process suggestions for how to conduct meetings
and decision making (not just abstract guidelines or ideaology) that would
improve Noisebridge, I'm all ears.