[Noisebridge-discuss] this is what cognitive dissonance looks like

Naomi Gmail pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:28:52 UTC 2014

Al is making such a huge deal out of this "it's really hard to work with 4 other people," coordinating schedules, etc.

And yet Al was an immediate proponent for the internal board proposal that "proposals must be discussed and voted on within 24 hours".

Cognitive dissonance.

There is also the bald FACT that none of the 4 even attempted to contact me while they were all gleefully preparing this monstrous proposal.

The careful reader will note that no one, not any of the board, has asserted that I could have read the proposal online (it wasnt there until the very day it was voted on), nor do they claim that I was called, or emailed about this.  That is because, to their credit, they are not liars.

I am 20% of the board membership, systematically left out of a major -- MAJOR -- highly controversial discussion about several fundamental changes to Noisebridge policy.  Even leaving aside the probable inapporpriateness of a 3/5 majority in such deep and far-reaching matters, this is basically systematic discrimination, which Al is continuing to defend by saying "we all voted for it."

Al continues to put forth the argument that "Naomi is trying to overturn the will of the board with a single vote" while also admitting the entire process was problematic, and agreeing -- in writing -- that we should do this over.

Cognitive. Dissonance.

We agreed to talk this over at the board meeting, coming up Wednesday. But now I am not sure I even trust that this will be a rational conversation.

--Naomi