[Noisebridge-discuss] All I want is 51% :)

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:07:27 UTC 2014

The ideal of consensus functions very well in situations where
individuals actually give a shit about what the community thinks of
them.

The people who tend to block "for no reason", or to try to prolong an
antisocial activity they're already doing (like sleeping at the
space), they do so because they have nothing to lose.

At its core, Consensus is a functionality constructed around the
concept that there's shame in blocking for no reason, or for appearing
to be intransigent.

When the intransigent and the transient collide...

--Naomi