[Noisebridge-discuss] catching up with "what's wrong with discussing things at the Tuesday meeting"

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:55:01 UTC 2014

Thanks for this thoughtful answer Naomi.

Perhaps folks will continue playing with ways to scale the meeting which
address these issues.

In other circumstances, I have seen 'scaling'  related to 'more structure'
in a pretty inevitable way, but still the most successful scaling attempts
were the lightest-handed, adding the minimum possible addition, making the
minimum viable changes.

So my suggestions and input to that conversation would be around meeting
structures that I have seen used, and help kicking around ideas on how to
implement them (or other structures) here at noisebridge.

I'd be open to that discussion in person, sometime in April. I'm available
most Mondays and Tuesdays in that month if anyone wants to put something
together to which I could be invited to input or attend or even help
organize I'd be thrilled.

I recognize that many people have worked on this issue, and I both respect
their attempts and don't have any particular solution in mind. But I do
have lots of experience at organizing with humans with many varying degrees
of success and I'd be happy to share my learnings in the hopes of helping
us all be in a situation where we learn more together about how to run our
learning-place.

Meta, dude.

R.