[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge / the door is fucked up

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Mar 5 08:42:03 UTC 2014

someone cut the wires to the payphone that allows people to open the gate
with a door code.  probably because they figured (correctly) that people
would just jam the door open so it doesn't ever latch, rather than fix it.

nobody capable of splicing eight wires has fixed it yet, as of last night,
because the only people who go to noisebridge now think that wire is for
tying a sleeping bag onto your backpack.

nobody has posted a message to the discuss list because people who know
how to use computers no longer go to noisebridge to know to post about it.

also, one of the toilets at noisebridge is now for "liquids only" because
the skill and will to repair a clogged toilet are not available.  The clog
is likely due to lack of toilet paper causing someone to use a handy rag
to wipe their ass rather than buy toilet paper.  There is a mop there, and
a sign saying to mop up "when" the toilet leaks.

until the beaurocrats and blockers use their marvelous power of consensus,
blockage, grandstanding and bickering to do something to improve the
overall culture at noisebridge to a point where hackers actually want to
go there, i refuse to acknowledge the results of this sham election and I
hope others do the same.

-jake