[Noisebridge-discuss] Git class coming to Noisebridge Sunday!

Kevin Schiesser bfb at riseup.net
Sat Mar 22 07:48:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Git is a distributed version control system. People use VCS for all
sorts of projects... writing software, policy, poetry, etc.. Good stuff.

I'll be hosting a workshop at the collaboration station this Sunday from
17:00-19:00.

Come down and learn git basics... I'll cover installing git, cloning,
adding, committing and branching. We will do lots of hands on stuff,
eventually sending a pull request to the repository of your choice.
Bring a laptop if you have one to follow along.

Github has some nice guides and documentation on Git. Additionally, the
manual pages are well written. Do a little reading if you want to get a
head start.

-Kevin

https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git