[Noisebridge-discuss] why is sleeping at noisebridge a problem?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Mar 7 01:14:42 UTC 2014

Hannah wrote:
> Jake: Try to avoid using ablist language like "crazy" in the future or
> using "schizophrenic" as a catch-all term for undesirable.  Not Cool.

Hannah i think you are too quick to judge and too slow to read.  I cited
an article about a link between lack of sleep and the causes of
schizophrenia, which is an actual illness despite your euphemisms like
"neurotypical".

Mental illness is not imaginary, or simply a lack of political
correctness.  People who hurt themselves (or others) because their mind is
playing cruel tricks on them are not doing it because people are judging
them for being different, but because (in some cases) their brain is not
getting enough autophagy.  This may be because of the way they were born,
or it may simply be because they are not sleeping enough.

If you don't understand the meaning of the term "acting crazy" i suggest
you visit a mental hospital for a while and tell me the term has no
meaning.  You're the ablist here.

-jake