[Noisebridge-discuss] [CCL] Re: [biocurious] Your first GMO kit on indiegogo: 53 hours left

Martin Malthe Borch mmborch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 06:51:49 UTC 2014

I Completely agree. few have contributed so much to the movement as Cathal,
and inspired so many people.. We got a few kits for Biologigaragen as well..

> I have to say - if I wasn't cursed with a full-time job, I'd be seriously
> tempted by his $1000 "Be My Igor" reward level...
>
> Patrik
>

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Eri Gentry <eri at biocurious.org> wrote:
>
>> Donate (but also get a rad kit)! I put in money for a kit for BioCurious
>> already ... but if Cathal's project doesn't meet its goal, then none of us
>> will receive them.
>>
>> If enough Bay Area ppl donate, I will try to convince Cathal to do a
>> video walk-through for us :-)
>>
>> http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indiebb-your-first-gmo
>>

>> *///* @erigentry <http://twitter.com/erigentry> *///*
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Couldn't agree more!
>>>
>>> This is a very worthwhile project, but underfunded mainly due to
>>> insufficient marketing (too much science, not enough selling - sound
>>> familiar?)
>>>
>>>  Make no mistake, this is not merely another "insert GFP in E. coli"
>>> kit. He's actually doing some hard science to create a new platform for
>>> DIYbio synthetic biology, that will *not* rely on antibiotic resistance,
>>> and will be completely open source.
>>>
>>> Or just get a kit for the fun of it, and make E. coli glow ;-)
>>>
>>> Support your local (or not-so-local, in this case) young independent
>>> scientist! Cathal Garvey has been an essential member of the international
>>> DIYbio community. Don't make someone with his talents have to accept a
>>> crappy programming job just to put bread on the table for his family!
>>>
>>> Patrik

>>>  --
>>> --
>>> ---
>>> Groups "BioCurious" group.
>>> an email to biocurious+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/biocurious.
>>>

>  --

Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 61713656
diybio.eu | biologigaragen.org | labitat.dk |
energihojskolen.dk<http://www.energihojskolen.dk/>