[Noisebridge-discuss] why would hackers come to noisebridge?

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 02:00:04 UTC 2014

On 17 March 2014 18:57, LinkReincarnate <linkreincarnate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me be clear.  Noisebridge not being safe isn't what is preventing people
> from coming.   Dealing with bullshit like this from regular members is.

It's likely a bit from column A, a bit from column B.

A whole new hacker space appeared in SF to cater to people who have
felt threatened in NB.

So, whether or not their feelings match the shared hallucination we
call reality isn't the point. The point is after all of the
discussions, a group of people decided to create their own space
separate from NB and are now too full to take on new members. This
should be a slight wakeup call.

It turns out we can't all be clueless, uninformed hackers who don't
care for other peoples feelings.

-a