[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge House Rules

Kevin Schiesser bfb at riseup.net
Wed Mar 19 07:35:56 UTC 2014

Brandon Edens:
> Hi all,
>
> The consensus of Noisebridge is that we have some house rules. You can read
> about them here...
> https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/blob/master/rules/house-rules.md
>
> Enjoy!
> Brandon

I barged into the open meeting an hour late tonight and rejected the
civility of passing this proposal, given I had aired unaddressed
concerns. Discussion on the proposal was reopened, hence Noisebridge has
not come to consensus on 'house rules'.

I will be preparing an alternative draft. If anyone wants to
collaborate, contact me via email or let's work though github.

Generally, I favor 'community agreements'. I oppose punitive measures,
and do not believe punitive measure will positively transform Noisebridge.

If agreements are to be codified, we should start with the most
abundantly clear agreements... We agree not to attempt to repair the
elevator, not to go on the roof (unless maintenancing an antenna), not
to go in the basement, not to go on the fire escape, not to live at
Noisebridge. We also agree that projects kept on the hacker shelves in
the SW corner of the space or kept in personal lockers belong to
participants in the community and are not for general purpose hacking.
<Add your own agreement>.

-Kevin