[Noisebridge-discuss] Don't make me turn this hackerspace around

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:37:34 UTC 2014

Tom,

nb-discuss has had many many long threads on lots of contentious issues at
noisebridge whether it's sleeping or mercury.

The discussions on race and gender bring up lots of feelings in people, but
honestly moderating out these discussions as being somehow "off-topic" are,
I feel, part and parcel of systemic discrimination in the tech industry,
whether it happens in open source forums.  This thread may have been a free
for all, but it's also confronting very real issues under the surface at NB.

I for one would really appreciate an explanation of why you chose to shut
the list down.

Thanks for your work,
Praveen