[Noisebridge-discuss] [Drama] Fwd: [Noisebridge-announce] Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:19:58 UTC 2014

Oh goody, let's make this public.

Al, the issues in question were proposed 7 hours ago, during which
time I was at work. Then I went to yoga.  Then I found when I decided
to check my email that about 10 different issues were all lumped
together in a single "proposal" and that 2 people had voted "+1" on
it.

2 + the person who proposed the changes = 3.  3 out of 5 is a positive vote.

These changes were then implemented *immediately*.

IMHO, the board did not "agree", because "agreement" cannot occur in a
situation where discussion did not take place.

I have already put in a proposal within the board that proposals can't
be voted upon and carried out until one full week has passed.  I can't
believe I had to do that, but apparently some people think that
"agreement" can be reached without discussion.

Membership: discuss.

--Naomi