[Noisebridge-discuss] Trimmed off the board list

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:02:13 UTC 2014

Spinach: I know about coded language and microaggressions women get all the
time, especially in the tech industry and geek circles. I think the crap
treatment women in tech get is bullshit, and the constant apologetics for
misogyny is also bullshit. I check my privilege, and when I get called out
on a remark that someone tells me is sexist I introspect instead of getting
defensive.

On that note: I've looked over my emails in this thread, but can't find the
"using coded language, repeatedly" that you say I use. Can you point it out
to me so that I don't repeat that mistake in the future? I purposefully
avoid the words "crazy", "irrational", and (lord almighty this one pisses
me off) "hysterical" to describe women. I think they're too encumbered by
their use as coded language for sexism.

Spinach, can I convince you that I very much support women in tech and am
against the behaviors you describe?

-Al