[Noisebridge-discuss] In Defense of Consensus

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:35:54 UTC 2014

------ Original Message ------
From: "Matthew Senate" <mattsenate at gmail.com>

>By making decisions more "effective", I mean hacks to more accurately
>represent the interests and sentiments of the individual participants

I think you're saying that your priority is to make sure everyone has a
"voice". For me, effective means creating a project that fulfills it's
Mission. If NB's Mission is to provide technical infrastructure, and it
fails at that, then the process is not "effective"-- even if everyone
has a "voice."

>Otherwise decisions can be hasty, rough around the edges, and
>misfitting.

Well, we already have "rough around the edges, and misfitting" at
Noisebridge-- if we're talking about technical infrastructure. I sense
you don't much care about that.

>I personally contend that efficiency and speed are not always the most
>important aspect of a decision-making process

i contend that if an oscilloscope is broken, i'm very comfortable
delegating the authority to get it fixed or replaced to someone else. I
don't need a "voice" in that. What i need is an oscilloscope.