[Noisebridge-discuss] Fire

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:02:28 UTC 2014

Sorry to hear that.  I'm not sure why half of the board is insisting
on hastily pushing through a membership disenfranchisement proposal,
rather than actually working directly to make Noisebridge a safer
space, which is what I was "sold" as the point of the board.  You
know, things like improving access control to the space, maybe
designating some "closed" hours, making sure there's always toilet
paper, etc.

We had a good idea (the community working group) and it's suddenly
been short circuited by a proposal that presupposes that one will
never exist.  That the membership would be able to handle all of those
unsafe situations IF ONLY consensus were replaced by voting.

But -- with respect -- the fact that all of these
Maslow's-Hierarchy-of-Needs types of issues ever get brought to
general meetings where people are arguing at each other, rather than
seeking to understand each other, is the actual problem.

Anyway, safe travels.

--Naomi