[Noisebridge-discuss] why cointelpro2.0 kills community

Kevin Schiesser bfb at riseup.net
Fri Mar 28 04:42:54 UTC 2014

Ronald Cotoni:
> I was at the meeting for banning josh.  Initially it was consensed upon 2
> or 3 times but I kept continuing the discussion (as I was moderating).
>  It was decided to put it off till the next week and I thought it was.  I
> had 3 stand asides originally, including James.   I kept asking because it
> felt like you wanted someone else to block and no one would actually do it.
>  That was mildly unexcellent behavior.

Thank you Ron. I agree that no Consensus was reached at the Tuesday
meeting you reference. However,consensus history[2] and policy
repository[3] differ.

PLEASE, read the diff[1] of the meeting notes. dj ryan posted a really
long back and forth note of what was discussed. The diff is Tom's edit
that revokes the whole discussion that concludes:

-- James: I will block
-- Consensus: Blockers: James

++ We had a very long discussion. Two of the three people who had
volunteered to speak with Josh were present and participated. We reached
consensus. [[User:bfb|Kevin]], [[user:Thex|JC]], and
[[User:James|James]] stood aside.

James blocked, it's in the notes. There was substantial back and forth.
Ron, in your infinite wisdom as moderator you sensed that the room was
divided, and prolonged discussion. We concluded that I should email
N0_Hat, and inform that before returning to Noisebridge we needed to
have a mediation process. This was not a Consensus, but rather a soft
agreement in lieu of consensus.

This is how consensus works! It can be long, even painful, but through
genuine discussion we reach a solution that no one thought of coming
into the conversation, and it is often greater than the original
proposal and the status quo.

Consensus was blocked, we reached an do-acratic alternative, yet the
wiki and repo reflect otherwise. I still do not understand. Why is our
history being rewritten?

Thanks for listening,
Kevin

[1]