[Noisebridge-discuss] All I want is 51% :)

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 00:08:56 UTC 2014

From: "Al Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com>
>"Consensus is what lets a single person walk in to a meeting an hour or
>two late and block something that would have otherwise passed."

JR: I disagree. That's not Consensus fault. It Noisebridge' fault, for
letting people join votes when they're late.

From: "Al Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com>
>"Consensus worked fine when Noisebridge was new and small ... But now
>we have the multiple instances of people walking in late to meetings
>and then blocking a measure"

JR: so, "large" = "late"? No, it doesn't. I'm pro "you can't join a vote
if you're late", but that applies to Majority voting too, not just
Consensus.

Consensus fails in large groups, but is manadatory small groups (like
the Board).

Most NB issues would best be handled by small, special-purpose
working-groups, not the general membership. People who feel they must
have a voice on every darned decision are welcome to join every darn
working-group.

Even Al admits (above) that Consensus works fine in small groups.