[Noisebridge-discuss] [Rack] RFID tag research

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:33:22 UTC 2014

You improve trust in another direction actually -- trust that a
"foreign" RFID has less of an opportunity to compromise baron in an
unexpected way.

(I'm not saying that's "likely" but you have to consider something
like a code injection attack "possible".)

The downside of us using exclusively our own RFID tags, of course, is
that they become a limited resource.  But I'm not sure that's a bug.

As to people worrying about their uses being recorded:  that's going
to continue to be a possible complaint.

And actually, the fact that we don't hear that complaint all that
often makes me think perhaps I'm making too much of a deal out of
sticking to exclusive-use RFID tags.

*ruminating*...

--Naomi

--