[Noisebridge-discuss] is spam on the wiki still a problem?

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Mon May 12 16:02:24 UTC 2014

Two different problems. Anonymous/new accounts vandalizing pages, and massive amounts of random accounts being created, then doing nothing (it seems).

I guess the latter issue would sort of be "spam" but it has nothing in common with random comments that are filtered by Akismet or whatever. If you were interested in curbing these random sign ups, it'd probably require installing some custom MediaWiki modules.

That's about as much as I can contribute. I don't know who has access to the server that hosts the MediaWiki installation - that'd be the person to talk to.
Jeffrey