[Noisebridge-discuss] Fundraiser Cancelled Due To Harassment

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:33:35 UTC 2014

I'm cancelling the NB fundraiser and Noise Orchestra concert I've been
planning because i've been harassed and abused for months, online and by
phone.

Details below. Feel free to stop reading here.

     -The Fundraiser announcement i put on the Events page got repeatedly
vandalized for about a week. I would fix it, then it got re-trolled,
repeatedly. So i deleted it.

     -When i requested wiki admins block anonymous edits to the NB events
page, Jeffrey Carl Faden stated that would be "against Noisebridge
principles". I asked him, "WHICH Noisebridge principle says protecting
anonymous vandals is more important than protecting Noisebridge
projects?" He did not respond.

     -The same thing happened to an annoucement i posted about an
equipment donation from Inventables.com (worth over $600). So i deleted
that announcement too, and did not attempt to promote the event. As a
result, the Inventables folks, who brought 6 pizzas, 3 cases of beer,
and a CNC mill to donate to Noisebridge, got barely any turnout (well, a
lot of non-hacking squatters were happy to eat the pizza).

     -Somebody, posted my phone number, real name, gibberish, and
pornographic verbiage on my noisebridge wiki page. (cached copy)
https://diigo.com/01uh5k

     -Wiki admins ignored my requests to delete the offending stuff, and
would not give me access to delete it myself.

     -Jeffrey Carl said he blocked the offending IP. But as a web dev, he
would know it's easy for a troll to get a new IP, so he would know that
won't stop the vandals.

     -Jeffrey Carl informed me there's no option to delete the trolled
versions of my userpage. Oddly, Wikimedia documentation tells how to do
it.
         http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Administrators#Deletion

     -From Slack:

         teratoma: @jeffreyatw good job immortalizing johnny's info
forever on the wiki.
         jeffreyatw: haha. i noticed i did that. whatever it’s available
in a bunch of other places too.

     Not sure what that means.

     -Somebody advertised "Johny Radio" selling non-existent hockey
tickets on craigslist, with my phone number. i was bombarded with phone
calls from people wanting the tickets.

     -Countless anonymous prank phone calls all times of day and night.

     -Somebody tried (unsuccessfully) to get into my LogMeIn account,
which might have given them access to my personal computer, or my
clients' computers.

     -Impersonated on Discuss with an abusive post.

My feet are turning away from noisebridge. Apparently, that's someone's
intention. Okie-dokie.

-johny radio