[Noisebridge-discuss] Project Smashed at Noisebridge

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:52:45 UTC 2014

This boombox was built by a 15 year old Hispanic boy, who just got out
of prison. He was extremely proud of it. It won first place at the
Gadget contest at the recent EE Live Conference.

I just discovered that someone at Noisebridge smashed it while I was out
of the room. This thing is industrial-strength materials, so this had to
be intentional.

http://s19.postimg.org/7ikdql5rn/smashed2_1.jpg
http://s19.postimg.org/bqf5zc777/smashed_1.jpg

Here's a video of the boy building it:

http://vimeo.com/67891983
His name is Jesus (pronounced "hay-SEUSS")

I was using it to prototype new features, for the electronics non-profit
program i operate, for disadvantaged youths. This sets our project back.

How very Noisebridge.

-Johny Radio