[Noisebridge-discuss] Cloning 900 netbooks?

T t at of.net
Fri May 23 22:26:42 UTC 2014

I use dd to clone identical computers.  It's on every linux bootable
usb stick, and will give you byte-for-byte identicalness, even cloning
the empty spaces (which is time consuming).

In microsoftland, however, you may have licensing issues, as in "i
cannot confirm that this image is different from all other images and
so will refuse to do anything because i believe you have stolen me"
even though you have an authenticity sticker on each one.

You might be able to poke around and find which file(s) get modified

Oop, noticing the timestamp now.  Am a month late to the discussion.
But since it stopped abruptly without resolution, perhaps my comments
will be helpful.  Not much hope of that, but pushing Send anyway.

Best Regards.
This is unedited.
P-)