[Noisebridge-discuss] Problem: people seeing NB as a backup shelter

daravinne daravinne at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:43:08 UTC 2014

other people use the building besides us.

changing the lock would also halt the worldwide outreach that Mitch and
others do by giving hackers and hackerspaces in other countries copies of
the noisebridge key by rendering that keypattern obsolete.

the solution is a combination of access control, improved ownership of
redshirts team, and outreach within the space that guides people who are
using it as a crashpad / alternate shelter to other resources (which
simultaneously gets them out of the space and messages that the space is
definitely NOT a crashpad).

Since we are currently way past Dunbar's number AND mired in the Tragedy of
the Commons, it will take some fairly special, admirable and dedicated
people to take ownership of these problems and see them through to
resolution (you know, sticking with it past all the initial-failure and
solving/tweaking mode stuff).